I’ve never ever used sunblock (especially not on my face) until I came back from a holiday last year with black and white patches all over my face. It was not pretty. After some intensive Google search, I found out that my skin had been overexposed to the sun and harsh weather conditions and had thus broke out in hyper-pigmentation. The first step to allow my skin to recover was to invest in a good facial sunblock to prevent further damage from being done on the affected area.
I ran to the nearest Watsons which happened to be having a storewide 20 percent sale then. After screening through most of the sunblock brands, I decided on La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Dermatologique as it came up with the most number of positive reviews on MakeupAlley.com. I really hit the jackpot as I never expected my first facial sunblock purchase to be such a winner.
- 50+ SPF
- UVB + UVA
- Ultra light formula
- Fluid form
- Suitable for sensitive and sun intolerant skin (just what I needed)
- Very water-resistant
- made in France
- Wallet-friendly – less than SGD 50 before discount
- One bottle (50 ml) lasted me about 5 months (when used on an almost daily basis)
- Does not feel sticky on the face, absorbs well
- Requires only a small quantity for each application
- There is not moisturizing content in this sunblock (I don’t think this is much of an issue, just slap on your regular moisturizer on top of this – easy!)
I LOVE it. Would definitely repurchase once I’m done with my current bottle. The hyper-pigmentation is completely gone now and my skin breaks out less, it is evident that it is well protected from harmful rays.