Buenas Noches, Senoritas!
Here’s my YSL cosmetics review post which I promised 2 days ago (when my little blog was born! – yes I’m only 2 days old, please be kind!)
Last Christmas, I went a bit crazy doing some last minute festive shopping at YSL cosmetics and ended up getting a complimentary trial set! Hurray! It was a 5 piece trial set consisting of the following products in travel size:
- Dessin Du Regard Eye Pencil in number 1 (black)
- Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
- Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in number 1 (signature red)
- Forever Light Creator Serum
- Le Teint Touche Eclat illuminating Foundation SPF 19 (I gave this away, so no review for this, sorry!)
Read on if you wish to see pictures of the finished looks and reviews of each product!
1. Dessin Du Regard Eye Pencil in number 1 (black)
- highly pigmented
- easy to glide on
- long lasting
- good for smokey eye kinda look
- too smudgey (if there’s such a word)
- too messy
- not for beginners, definitely
- not easy to sharpen as the lead keeps dropping off since its too creamy
(swatch of the eyeliner, you can see from this that it’s really creamy and pigmented – double edged sword, really)
Despite the many good reviews on this product, I reeeeeally did not like this – let me tell you why. It was wayy too creamy such that it was too easy to make mistakes with this pencil. I used this about 4 times already and all 4 times I had to redo it because the result was not a clean one. Too messy.
2. Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
- beautiful, luxurious finish – clear difference from drugstore brands, imo
- gives a fuller, thicker and longer look to your eyelashes all at once
- super long lasting
- I don’t think its stated as waterproof, but it definitely doesn’t smudge
- not easy to remove, even with my shu uemura oil cleanser
- it does provide curl, but there are other mascaras that could provide better curl.. this isn’t much of a problem though if you use an eyelash curler (which I don’t)
I. LOVE. IT. Honestly, this is probably the best mascara I’ve used in the past years. I love how it makes my eyelashes look… luxurious. Luxurious is really the word. I would really like to try Babydoll by YSL to compare the difference though!
3. Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in number 1 (signature red)
- Supaaaaaaaaaa pigmented, redder than red
- results in an illusion of thicker, sexier lips
- long lasting
- creamy – easy to glide on, the colour perfect after just 1 glide!
- adds a touch of glam to any outfit
- does not leave lips feeling dry
- I’m not really used to this colour… not confident enough to pull off such a striking colour in public!
- no stated SPF or nourishing properties stated for this product
Perfect for a special occasion, I would think this shade would look stunning on any skin colour and make you look good even in a potato sack.
4. Forever Light Creator Serum
- absorbs easily into skin due to its light watery texture
- visible difference in skin tone after a few days of daily application
- dark spots lightened
- skin appears more radiant without makeup
- no hydrating effects
- the full bottle is pricey – from what I recall its about 80 plus for a small bottle
- I really don’t think you should put it on a daily basis as it will dry your skin out – esp if you do not apply moisturizer religiously
I have a love-hate relationship with this product. I know for sure that it has visible positive effects for my skin, but at the same time I can feel that its drying my skin too. Because of this, I use this before bed only 2-4 times a week to prevent over-reliance. Don’t think I will purchase the full bottle when my travel sized bottle retires… unless for some reason I really miss seeing my skin radiant without makeup… which probably means yes I might have to purchase it. #firstworldproblems
Well, I guess that’s it! Do drop a comment if you own any of these products, would love to know what you think!